Signal 1 is on a mission to transform hospital care with AI. Formed out of a partnership between a world-leading applied AI company and a world-leading research hospital, Signal 1 provides hospitals with an end-to-end clinical AI solution. We have a secure cloud-based platform that ingests patient data, applies real-time AI models, and delivers them directly into clinical workflows. Our platform is built on a proprietary technology stack which provides superior model performance, model explainability tools and a real-time model monitoring capability. All of Signal 1's models are developed in close collaboration with clinicians.
The Signal 1 platform will support a large number of clinical AI applications. The first is an industry-leading clinical deterioration predictor that has been in use by clinicians since October 2020. It accurately predicts unexpected deterioration by patients outside of the ICU. It has high clinician engagement, is reducing in-hospital mortality rates and is transforming how care is delivered at our partner hospital. It puts Signal 1 in the middle of patient information flow, enabling us to deliver multiple clinical use cases, across the care continuum.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Software Engineering Team. You will:
- Build a web-based model monitoring dashboard end to end, from a real-time capable backend system to a carefully designed frontend interface where model performance and clinical data are visualized.
- Collaborate closely with a world-class team of machine learning engineers and scientists in a fast paced startup environment to conceive, design, develop, test, and bring innovative products and services to market in a short turnaround.
- Work with cloud and infrastructure engineers to design and deploy the right solutions for each healthcare institution.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of software development experience.
- Proficiency in one or more general-purpose programming languages, such as: Java, C/C++ or C#.
- Experience in frontend web development, preferably with TypeScript and React/Redux.
- Experience in backend development, preferably with Java and Spring Framework.
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals such as: software architecture design, data structures, concurrent/parallel programming, networking, and Unix/Linux environments.
- Passionate about creating new products, features, and services from scratch while managing ambiguity in fast-paced development cycles.
- Basic knowledge in machine learning and statistics.
- Passion in delivering great user experience and data visualization.
- Experience with mobile development, preferably in React Native.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Entrepreneurial and energetic culture
- Excellent health and extended health coverage
- Four weeks of paid vacation
- Flexible work location, but many people work in our office in downtown Toronto
- Building impactful AI products and services that will transform hospital care!
Please submit your CV to email@example.com. Thanks for your interest in Signal 1!